Sunday, April 22, 2012

Crayon Art - take 2!






I saw a piece of crayon art similar to this on Pinterest but the flowers were painted on.  It was lovely, but I thought the silk flower heads would add some dimension.

I used the plain white canvas panel like the other but left it white as opposed to adding color for the background.  I glued and melted the crayons in the same manner as my first project, but flipped it upside down to create a grassy-look to this particular piece.  I used silk flowers found at any favorite craft store, cut from the stem, and glued them on using e6000 adhesive glue.  You'll see the flowers start to separate once you cut them from the stem, so don't be afraid to use the glue to help hold the layers together.

I know now that I should add pictures of the various steps I take in creating these pieces (and I'll start doing that from this point on).  One step not shown here is adding a ribbon to the top of the canvas panel so it can be hung on a wall.

I used a white ribbon and glued each end to the top left and right corners of the back of the panel.  This is a very simple way to create a hanger.


No comments:

Post a Comment