Sunday, April 22, 2012

Live ~ Laugh ~ Love






Ok, so back to crayon art!

This is my favorite so far because it hosts one of my (and maybe your) favorite phrases! 

I used three separate 11" x 14" canvas panels and painted them with black acrylic paint.  I arranged and glued the crayons how I wanted and melted them with a blow dryer.

One extra step I decided to add was to paint a black panel along the crayons using black acrylic paint, leaving just a bit of the colorful tips to show.  This is not something I have seen on Pinterest just yet, but it wouldn't surprise me if it's already been created!

Once completely dried, I added the words using a paintbrush and metallic silver acrylic paint.

I finished this recently so I'm not sure if I'll add ribbons to the backing for hanging, or simply set them on a shelf. 

I showed these to a friend of mine and she liked them so much, I offered to make her a set!

No comments:

Post a Comment