Sunday, April 22, 2012

Got tissue paper?






I had three silk flowers in my craft box.  After using two for the previous crayon art, I desperately wanted to put the spare flower to use some how!  I was a little discouraged with the crayon art so I rummaged through my supplies to see what else I could find and, voila!  Previously-used tissue paper!

My brother and sister-in-law gave me most of the gently-used tissue paper they saved from my niece's 1st birthday party.  I thought it would be nice to use this paper for a sentimental "something" they could have to remind them of this special occasion.

Supplies:

Canvas panel (or other firm backing)
Used (or new) tissue paper
Kleenex (or other filler)
Silk flower head
Scissors
Glue
Ribbon

I used one sheet of blue tissue paper (folded in half) and covered the canvas panel completely.  I folded over the edges of the paper and glued them to the back of the panel using my favorite adhesive.  (No need to glue the tissue paper on the front as it will leak through.  Pull the paper taught and simply glue it to the back.)

For the "grass", I cut green tissue paper into strips measuring approximately 2" wide by 5" in length.  Lengthwise, I folded the strips in half, leaving me with 1" x 5" pieces.  I glued these to the blue background, overlaying each one to add dimension.  Once secured in place, I used the scissors to snip at the top of each piece to give it more of a grassy, wispy feel .

For the stem:  I used one trimmed piece of green tissue paper and rolled it around one piece of Kleenex and glued the edges.  I glued the stem to the panel and then the flower head last.

Once completely dry, adhere a ribbon to the top and left corners of the back of the panel for hanging.

No comments:

Post a Comment